Memorial Regional Well being is reporting Saturday that 4 staff have examined optimistic for COVID‐19 since Monday, in response to a press launch from the well being group.
Public Well being has contacted every of those staff and isolation orders have been issued. One of many 4 optimistic circumstances was reported by Public Well being on Friday. The opposite three might be included in Public Well being’s reporting subsequent week.
Surveillance testing with employees started Friday evening and can proceed into subsequent week. Sufferers and employees who’ve been in touch with these staff have been notified and provided testing, in response to the press launch. All at the moment admitted sufferers who could have been in in touch with these staff have been examined and are destructive for COVID‐19, in response to MRH.
This isn’t the primary time that MRH has encountered an worker who has examined optimistic for COVID‐19, however it’s the first time that a number of staff have examined optimistic in a single week, the press launch states.
In each case when an worker has examined optimistic, MRH has investigated the publicity and decided that the worker possible contracted the virus outdoors of the power.
“We have now had no circumstances of sufferers testing optimistic following any encounter on the hospital or its related clinics,” MRH VP of Operations Jennifer Riley mentioned within the press launch. “Moreover, MRH staff who’ve cared for COVID‐19 optimistic sufferers have remained an infection‐free. The present security measures MRH has applied are working as meant to make sure affected person security.”
MRH Administration, at the side of its Director of An infection Prevention, met Saturday morning to judge its present COVID‐19 insurance policies and procedures. The next updates are efficient instantly, in response to the press launch:
- Guests: no modifications to this coverage presently. One customer per affected person is permitted. Guests should adjust to the masks and screening necessities – no exceptions.
- Public Entry: no change to this coverage presently. MRH is closed to all public entry together with the Mountain Café and conferences (besides these conferences related to present companies equivalent to weight‐loss prevention).
- Pharmacy: the retail pharmacy will stay open to stroll‐in sufferers through the week with added precautions to assist preserve our sufferers and employees secure.
The optimistic circumstances at MRH come as case counts proceed to rise, not solely inside Moffat County, however within the state of Colorado. With the inflow of tourists from throughout the nation, MRH is asking its staff and the group to comply with COVID‐19 Prevention Suggestions:
- Keep away from group gatherings
- Put on your masks (the Governor’s Masks Mandate stays in impact)
- Wash your palms
- Observe social distancing
Readers round Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work potential. Your monetary contribution helps our efforts to ship high quality, domestically related journalism.
Now greater than ever, your assist is essential to assist us preserve our group knowledgeable concerning the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impression it’s having domestically. Each contribution, nonetheless giant or small, will make a distinction.
Every donation might be used solely for the event and creation of elevated information protection.